We packed up the van last weekend and headed to visit Cousin Sam (pictured in chair, next to Ian), Aunt Terri and Uncle Mike. Cousin Sam had to show Connor who was boss a few times, but he actually tolerated a very minimal amount of petting from the boys.
We had some floaty races with the boys in the pool, where we spent most of Saturday. Ian spent most of his time on the steps, directing games. It was just nice to cool off after our triple digit Phoenix weather.
Aunt Terri made some delicious tacos. Uncle Mike was impressed with Connor's preparation of taco scoops.
Aunt Terri and Uncle Mike left out several huge boxes in the backyard. Free and well-loved for the weekend. Ian created forts, houses for Sam and Connor got to take them apart.
I haven't been practicing any photography shots and this was probably the only one worth posting.
Connor wanted to relax with Aunt Terri before going to bed.
One of Ian's favorite activities at Uncle Mike's is using the spray hose. Uncle Mike gave him the task of cleaning off the pool toys.
Connor enjoyed his "space goggles."
On our only venture out of the house, we took the Metro into LA to see some Disney free event. As it turned out, the line was five hours long, so we skipped it and got some lunch in the park instead.
Uncle Mike was once again the star of the weekend. Although, I was personally concerned that something was amiss, when Michael didn't have a list of things to do when we arrived. He also took several naps and didn't create a list until Sunday morning. If anyone knows my brother-in-law, this is very uncharacteristic of him.
Hey-we look pretty relaxed! We even had a fun car ride home. Thanks Michael and Terri for a great weekend. I am really happy that it will not be another five months before we get to see you again.P/S-I am running out of blog space. I have no idea how to fix that problem, but if anyone knows?
P/P/S- On the return visit to the doctor, I think we have figured out the sore throat problem! It appears that I have some kind of acid reflux problem. There are two possibilities, including GERD or LPR. The more likely one is LPR. I am trying a stomach medication to see if that helps reduce the sore throat. If by the weekend it isn't resolved, I will see an ENT. At least I don't have some raging respiratory infection!
5 comments:
Sounds like a really nice, relaxing time. I'm happy for you.
Love the boxes to play in, my kids use to get hours and hours of fun just with boxes & their imagination.
Sounds like you had a great trip. Glad you have a name for what's bothering you physically and hope you can resolve it quickly. I didn't know you could run out of blog space! Now I have something else to worry about. Oh, dear.
Thanks for the great visuals of your visit to see Terri and Mike -and southern California! You sure did have a full weekend, didn't you? Hope you find the origins of the sore throat problems soon but the good news at least for right now is that it isn't some kind of viral infection.
Oooh, cool floats, Aunt Terri!'
Love the taco building pic of Connor and the one of you two. Glad you got some nice relaxing time in.
Post a Comment