Well, I perhaps got a little too giddy with the idea of getting our flooring replaced and have the money to do it. It feels like nothing too great lasts too long around here! On a good note, Thomas did reinstall the flooring in the hallway. We do need to add the mouldings and decide on the rest of the floors.
As I said, I was pretty tired on Friday and most of Saturday too. I did manage to get Connor out on Saturday for a few errands while Tom and Ian fixed the flooring. Tried looking for a new vacuum, but didn't find one that I liked. Anyway, Tom had a gig on Saturday night and so I hung out with the boys doing puzzles and having a light dinner.
Around bathtime, I was starting to feel a sore throat and getting more and more tired. Trying to move the bedtime process along was difficult, as the boys have learned procrastination from the masters (us). By the time I had gotten them into pajamas and ready for books, I was feeling very cold and like the snap of a finger, I could feel aches in my muscles. I rushed through books, got Ian into bed but Connor refused to go quietly. He screamed and tried lots of tactics ("I NEED WATER! I GO POTTY! TOOPY DIAPER! I NEED LIGHTING MCQUEEN!") and I left him for a bit to check my temperature, which was 99.0. I went back in and got Connor settled in his bed and began to cry. Which made Ian laugh, because I think he thought I was being funny. Starting to feel chattery and cold ("Are you faking?!"), I checked my temp again and it was 100. I heated up a quick cup of tea and got ready for bed quickly. Tom came home, after a few text messages (He was going to see Star Trek, but came home instead-which probably would have been way more exciting to see Star Trek than sit with a weepy sick wife!) My temp hit 101.6 and I got some Nyquil and fell asleep.
Let's say that I was planning to sleep in on Mother's Day anyway, but I ended up sleeping in for much of the day. The boys got me some flowers and a cheery card, plus my mom send me a nice card too. I didn't really spend any time with them, except to have some soup.
Stayed home today and went to the doctor-honestly, I went to appease my family and friends, because I was perfectly fine to ride this out-but I was diligent and visited this morning. Just a normal flu-no swine and nothing contagious now or unusual.
Hoping to get back to normal tomorrow!
4 comments:
Yikes - what a wretched weekend! I was sick, too, but not nearly so bad. I'm glad you're feeling better now, though.
I'm glad you're feeling better too but Oy! - sometimes the stress really depletes the body
sending happy thoughts
Ick!! So sorry you ended up sick on your day!! I'm glad you got the rest your body was telling you you need though! Hope you're feeling better.
I am glad you are starting to feel better.
Love T
Post a Comment