Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tripping Out

The last few weeks of school always feel breathlessly busy with concerts and students ready to leap into summer. I did found out yesterday that I will be only traveling between two schools next year. I am keeping one of my current schools and adding a new one, with the principal I worked with for three years in my previous district. I don't have any information on the grades I will teach yet. I am just focused on getting to the end of next week. Tomorrow, I have invited parents to join my special education class on their last day of music and the teacher told me today that 18 people will be attending the class! Wow!

Let's see what else....we visited Michael and Terri for a few relaxing days this weekend. More to come on that once things settle down here....so that was trip number one.

Then, I have finished planning our San Diego vacation, including our place to stay, our Go San Diego pass AND if (I say if because the backup plan doesn't include this) all goes well with the reservation dates, I will have just enough to include a one night stay at one of the Phoenix resorts (super cheap deals!) which I decided to set up for my birthday for just me and T. This is all part of my Working Parent award and I cannot wait until I get the final confirmation on it tomorrow!!! If we get the Phoenix resort, I am saving some of my precious bonus money to attend the spa that day too. So, two more trips.

Plus our New York trip this summer, which is more or less a reunion.

Four trips in one summer. Granted, I am not a great traveler-but it is exciting to take our first honest to goodness family-just the four of us-vacation----not a visiting vacation. (I love you family, but you know what I mean! And we are doing that too!)

In other news, Connor is sick with some virus that is making him crabby and cute at the same time. Although it was not cute when he spent an hour at 4:00am awake and unhappy. He'll be fine in a few days. Ian is being very well-behaved this week.

I went back to the doctor this week, after three weeks with a continual sore throat, scratchy voice and "significant mucus" according to Dr. Drew. Since I don't have strep symptoms, no fever, no visibly angry throat, no nasal discharge and apparently fine otherwise-he deemed me a medical mystery for the day. He gave me a throat culture, where he discovered the significant mucus and gave me Clarinex, which seems to make the problem more annoying than better. No ear infection. He does suspect some kind of reflux problem that I cannot begin to understand, but if the Clarinex clears up the problem, then it's not that. I am hoping it will work since he wants to then move to a steroid. Blah. Unfortunately the Clarinex isn't doing anything much to alleviate the throat. It is a frustrating problem as a music teacher with lots of Kindergarten concerts in the next several days and needing a decent voice for large rehearsals.

There's chorale work to be done this week...that's on my tomorrow list after school. And desperately hoping to join Julie for some Pilates this week or next.

Right now, I am going to try and finish the last chapter of my book at 12:08am. Riiight.

3 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Ooooh, I hope you get your spa trip! You deserve a nice relaxing vaca.

Hang in there for the rest!

Jeni said...

I've had a major case of the sneezes and a very runny nose -lasting for better than half of the morning, several days this week. But no fever, no sore throat, no watery eyes either so I'm thinking it must be some kind of allergy thing although I generally do not have allergy-type reactions. Go figure, huh? The nose-blowing issue though -I went through almost a full box of Kleenex in like two days though! Enough, already, huh?
Hope you get something that help solve your mystery disease soon though cause you sure are right on trying to make music with your voice with stuff like that blocking the way!

Dianne said...

significant mucus - you make everything sound so classy ;)

feel better

all those trips sound so exciting!