Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In My Absence...

I am finally feeling human again although my sore throat and annoying post-nasal drip are determined to hang in there. I left for work this morning with full voice and met Tom for lunch with a decent bout of laryngitis. However, he finds the scratchy voice sexy, so there you go. At least I have that going for me!

The boys have been busy over the last few days. Ian built, what I think is his funniest creation yet with the towering heads. He adores his Legos and does play with them all the time, but our house has become one huge Lego nightmare. I am certain that there are Legos and/or Lego creations in just about every room in the house.

Connor, being his cute little self. Phrase of the week: "Two minutes! I working!" in response to asking him to do anything like brush teeth, put on pjs, etc. Last night he was "working" on a puzzle. Honestly, my kids take right after me, so I don't know that I can complain. I would hate to leave a puzzle unfinished too!

Caterpillar on the premises! I almost touched a large caterpillar, who had found its way into our kitchen one morning. (thought it was a Lego or something) Ian ran for his bug jar and we scooped it in for him to watch. He wanted to keep it to turn into a butterfly, but the weather is hot and I am not sure that we could keep the poor thing alive. Tom took photos and convinced Ian to let him go free after a nice visit.

Finally, the flooring. Here is a photo of the delightful (I am being delightfully sarcastic here) industrial fans that dried our flooring and walls, including a large dehumidifier.


When all was said and done, the insurance company decided our floors didn't look so great and granted us enough to replace them. Tom had some extra flooring pieces, so he and Ian worked to lay the hallway soundproofing down and he was able to replace the hallway flooring with our existing flooring. So, we have a nice chunk to replace our bedroom flooring.

My husband came in this morning and announced that we could go and look at flooring on Friday night or this weekend. I am posting this here before he changes his mind. At any rate, I have been too tired to be very excited about getting new carpet or floors, but I actually am.

Tune in tomorrow (or probably Friday) for birthday celebrations for Tom and Ian!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

post nasal drip is awful - that sick, stuffy feeling

I hope floor shopping provides a happy pick-me-up

Raven said...

Sorry you aren't feeling your best.... glad you have those wonderful boys to watch over and entertain you. Congrats on the good news about the floors. Not so unlucky as you thought, though I, for one am not sure why we can't just skip the unlucky things that help prove we're lucky... Still, often there's a gift wrapped up in life's disasters.

Have a great weekend and feel better.

Michelle Quinno said...

Glad you seem to be feeling a bit better! I hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Hehe, way too cute on the photos! I have to tell you...I just got an email about Creative Imaginations new line of Lego paper, just in case you ever decide you have time to scrap again.

Love the "Two Minutes" comment too.