Tom and I were recapping Dancing with the Stars this afternoon and commenting on one of the dances as being a little overly lovey (like get a room lovey) and Ian pipes up:
"Yeah, I hate all the love. I am not voting for any of them. "
We had a good laugh there. Of course, I am taping the show tonight and waiting to watch it later.
Facebook friends, I am sorry. I tried Facebook for a few weeks and perhaps I am just a complete snot, but I do not care what trivial things people are doing during their day, no matter how much I love them. Nor, judging from my postings and number of comments, do people honestly care what I am doing. I tried it.
So, I'll keep my Facebook account, but I am honestly not remotely interested. I would much rather blog than feel forced to come up with a funny quip. Some FB people can really be funny, but I feel pressured to respond comically or say something comedic. That requires too much brain power. We had a good chuckle about Facebook during our board meeting last night and sooo relieved that others feel the same way. If I sound like a complete jerk, I am truly sorry to my FB enthusiasts, but the mundaneness of life exposed on a wall seems rather unfulfilling to me. Maybe because I have nothing truly inspiring to say except here.
Hopping off my box. I guess I just hate the Facebook love! :)
8 comments:
Currently I am not much for either, although I like both for keeping track of people- so no matter where you post, I'll be curious to read what is new, and promise to be a faithful reader if not writer.
Can't wait to see you this weekend.
I so agree about Facebook. Just cannot bring myself to participate in that - or Twitter.
I was queen of crabby last night, so I think I could feel it spewing out into my blog! Wow! I don't enjoy FB, but I just reread the crabbiness oozing from my words!
That is too funny about Ian's Dancing comment!
I didn't know you were on FB. I hear what you're saying. I will admit that I'm addicted but it is a serious time waster!!
I love the Ian quote. I'm so glad to hear your thoughts on Facebook. I hate Facebook... and people keep asking me to be their friends... it's not that I don't like them, I just hate liking them THERE and all the stupid thing... Every time I see a Facebook thing my heart sinks. I literally can't answer them and then I feel bad about that. Sigh. Sorry. Touched a nerve. I'm so glad you don't like it.
FINALLY! A group of people who say what I've been thinking. Wherever I go, people are texting each other instead of talking to one another. I really feel the BLOG is the long-term medium. It may go in and out of style, but I guarantee you FB will not last. Loved this post! :)
I like you when you are crabby.
T
Hey you tried. I gave up commenting on other people mostly because I hate getting 50 emails when other people also comment.
Post a Comment