Saturday, May 09, 2009

Flooring Update

The insurance adjusters gave us a nice sum of money (even after the deductible) to redo flooring. Tom is going to see what he do with the existing floor pieces we have in the garage. If we don't have to replace the entire floor, we should be able to replace the carpeting in all of the bedrooms.

Our date night last night was probably our most boring on record. Not that we weren't happy to get out for a bit, but honestly, we were both so exhausted! We stopped for a drink (I had water and Tom had sangria-go figure THAT out!) and walked around and then went to the bookstore for a bit. We DID look at a bunch of San Diego books and have some great places to visit on our vacation. Now, I need to find a place to stay!

We mentioned that perhaps we could have a reality show called "Murphy's Law."

2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

LOL on the Murphy's Law!!

I'm so glad you got a good sum from the ins. co. You deserve a break!

Have a Happy Mother's Day, Linda!

Dianne said...

so sorry about the watered flooring! it's always something isn't it?

I came by to say Happy Mother's Day, I hope you all have a good, uneventful day

Mia and Siren send hugs to the boys