
It looks like the boys in this house are on a downward trajectory. Connor is still croupy and feverish with a nice swollen lip. Tom stayed home with him and they took a good, long and restful nap together. Of course, when I called Tom to check in, he said that he was not feeling so great either. Oh, boy.
I picked up Ian at daycare and she let me know that while Ian was happy all day, he was very quiet and didn't play very much. He also took a long nap, which is becoming a rare happening these days.
Tonight, Connor refused to eat much for dinner (always a big clue) and Ian actually DID eat. (which makes me think something is wrong because he never eats much!) We curled up on the couch and watched a few episodes of Diego. Connor was glowing by then, so I gave him what was left of the tylenol (maybe half a dose) and Ian was beginning to look pale. As it turns out, he is currently running a temp as well.
Tom had to work tonight for the youth orchestra, so we'll see how he feels when he gets home. Neither of us can really afford to take sick days, but tomorrow might end up that way. One option is the hospital sick children care for my district where I can bring the boys if they are too sick for daycare, (with parameters) and we can still go to work. That is looking like a possibility for tomorrow, since we are already saving for a day off next week for Connor's preschool evaluation.
Off to get some more work done. Probably sub plans! (which take more work than actually being absent, right, teachers?)
4 comments:
I remember days like that. Awful! Hope your guys feel better real soon.
Oh yuck! I hope all three are feeling better soon! That's an excellent option (the sick childcare). I wish my coworker had that option today! I'm by myself at work.
Love the cute but sad photos too.
On No!!
take lots of vitamins yourself or wear a mask or something - well actually Moms never get sick do they
that's amazing that there is sick child daycare
something like that would have saved me back in the day - nice to see there has been progress
Don't you just hate it though when we try to teach our kids to share and then, they take it to extremes to include illnesses? Hope the boys -all three of 'em -are all back up to par quickly.
Post a Comment