My car was going into the shop for tune up work, so after dropping it off, I biked back home this morning. It was a beautiful morning-sunny and a little breezy without killer heat, so I got home and we turned back around to bike to the park with the boys.
Tom took the afternoon off, well-deserved recharge while the boys were home with me all afternoon. Ian and I had a Connect 4 challenge, followed by some pudding that Connor found in the refrigerator. Ian had karate tonight, so I got the boys back into the bike trailer for another ride down to the studio. (none of these rides are very far, but considering that my children and the trailer are probably around 60 lbs, it was a good workout)
At the karate studio, they let me put the bike in the back while Ian had class. Connor slept on my shoulder (his new karate MO?) and Ian had a strong class. Now, earlier in the day, the owners had asked permission to take some photos of Ian for an article about the studio in the AZ Parenting Magazine. The instructor said they wanted the most "adorable kid in the studio" and said that Ian has "a ladykiller face". With compliments like THAT, how can I say no??
So, after karate finished, they had a photo shoot with Ian, holding various poses, doing punches and kicks and having him yell and make some serious business faces. The older kids in the studio were helping him keep his gaze focused and he had a ball. In fact, he did better posing and smiling for them than I have ever gotten when I try. Anyway, the studio owners and the instructor are great people, so we are happy to help them out in this way.
I biked back home, where I made chocolate chip pancakes for Ian and Connor's dinner. Ian then wanted to be a karate instructor, demonstrating a variety of poses with very creative names, while wielding two Matchbox orange race track pieces. He really enjoys telling other people what to do, so Tom and I were the pupils for a short while. My biked-out legs had had enough, but Ian continued to give lessons as long as I watched and listened intently. Mr. Meza said that Ian could be the "head of the obstacle course team" as he was discussing his obstacle course lesson to him earlier that evening, so this fueled Ian's spirit to practice at home tonight.
Anyway, it felt great to bike around town today and I wish I had a job where I could save some money and bike all the time. Unfortunately, I cannot go to work looking like a sweatbomb, so it's out of the question for now.
YAWN-off to watch the pundits yammer for awhile.
4 comments:
See? I told you they were adorable! ;-) I hope they give you some copies!
Wow on your workout! I should be so good. I didn't even take the stairs this week (5 flights at work). Lazy me!
You must have slept like a log.
You'll have to let us know when the article is out. It comes as no surprise to me that Ian's the most adorable kid in class, though :)
Go Linda, way to bike everywhere!
..and what fun for Ian, being the star!
Sounds like a good day. Cool that Ian is already working on celebrity status. Wow.
Post a Comment