Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween 2007, Part 3: The Final Frenzy


For those reading this Halloween series, jump back a few entries to catch the beginning of the trilogy. Connor got the idea that people were giving him candy in his basket. He would take the candy, sit down and put it in his bag. Meanwhile, Ian would have been three houses away-he wasn't wasting any time.
Thomas took a few pictures of me with the boys-and hey, I am even blogging them! This random monster wanted to have his picture taken with us, which kept Connor in place for a few seconds.
My favorite Ian picture of the night. He can be such a character. Thomas had to take off for rehearsal and Ian decided he wanted to hand out candy instead of walk around. We set up the candy bowl outside and hung out on the porch. Connor busied himself with a lollipop and Ian ate several Smarties and Dots. More on the sugar rush later.

Ian insisted on giving out the candy, which was one selected piece until I made him give two or three per person. He was also not impressed if I tried to help when there were a lot of kids. He would start jumping up and down when new "guests" were walking up the driveway and waited with a piece of candy in each hand to be ready . We sang several Halloween songs waiting we waited. After that, the boys went in to watch a Little Einstein Halloween, before getting ready for bed. (which included an extra long tooth-brushing session). The boys were NOT ready to go to sleep, so I let them jump on Ian's bed for awhile. We wrapped it up and after lights out, Mommy fell asleep on Ian's bed too.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Those photos are priceless! Your boys are so adorable. I was laughing at your stories and remembering my boys when they were young.

Theresa said...

What fun! I like that Ian was so excited to give out candy. You might of just started a tradition sitting on your porch and singing Halloween songs, just need to add hot chocolate next year and you have a hit!

Cindy said...

Too cute!!! Trevor had no interest in handing out, just receiving....