Friday, November 09, 2007

Thankful Post 8

My husband's best friend Bob (aka Bobby) asked me this evening when I would be honoring him with one of my 30 days of thanks posts, because it is so obvious I should be thankful for him. A few smart remarks later, I decided to go ahead and get it over with. So Bob-this is your tribute and thanks!

My preface to meeting Bob years ago was-he's part of the Murphy family. He walks in and goes straight to the refrigerator, no one blinks an eye. Quite the sense of humor too.

Thomas and I took walks around his old neighborhood, where he would point out Bob's old house. (every time, as if I had never seen it before!) He would then tell me bunches of stories about all of the Tom and Bob escapades. They used to play in the empty lot behind Tom's house! Bob was always Luke Skywalker and Tom was Han Solo! Bob and Tom would bike several miles to the movies! Bob had all the Star Wars toys! Yes, the stories have been heard many times (especially if you know Tom) but you know this isn't your run-of-the-mill buddy. These two have been great friends from a tender age and it has to be amazing to go through life together.

Bob and his wife, Christina have been friends with us for several years. They even helped us move from New York to Arizona in 2001. The bonus: Our sons Ian and Bobby are starting the second generation of friendship.

Here is our trip to Mohonk in upstate New York to go rock scrambling several years ago, before any of our boys were a sparkle in the eye. One of my favorite afternoons.
I am just really thankful that Thomas has such a great friend. And by default, I get a great friend too!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Yeah for FUN BOBBY (and not just when he drinks)!! I really enjoyed hanging out with him at the wedding, and love his sense of humor!

Thomas said...

BOB ROCKS!

Jeni said...

Sounds like he is definitely quite the character -also a very good friend to have too for both you and your husband.