
Fate steps into your life sometimes and makes you wonder what the heck would have happened if it didn't. We moved into our Tempe, AZ apartment and our next door neighbors seemed friendly enough, although we figured this intelligent, cute couple would probably not have much in common with the two of us. You never know. Eventually, Jesse and Tewlyn became two of our closest friends. I simply cannot imagine our Arizona life without them for the few years we lived next door.After inviting them over to dinner one evening (Thomas regaling them with story after story, J&T sitting ever so politely-has that ever changed!), we slowly began hanging out little by little. We quickly discovered that Jesse and Tew are very serious about their food-they are unbelievable in the kitchen and they realize the value of vegging by the tv. We would walk across the rocks to their apartment in pajama pants, eating amazing dinners while watching reality shows, Alias, Friends, more Alias and the list goes on. It is such an easy friendship and any combination of the four of us works.
J&T were the first to know that we were pregnant with Ian. They helped move us into our first house, later helped paint the nursery (that very fine line that was laser-measured to perfection in the middle of the room). They were the emergency backup if I went into labor. They were the first ones to meet our son during his first few hours of life. His first babysitters. They helped us transition from couple to family without leaving us behind. Never once complained about trekking out to see us because we were too exhausted from a new baby schedule. They knew where all our kitchen gadgets and tools better than we did. They came over to our house the night they were engaged. They asked us to be in their wedding party. We have had the good fortune to meet their families. They stayed with us for almost two weeks before moving to Houston.Jesse now works for Exxon in Houston and Tew is studying to be a physician's assistant in a very competitive program. I am incredibly proud of their successes and despite the distance, the workload, the time apart, we all know that we are each just a phone call or email away. In times of need, I have no doubt that any one of us would hop on a plane that day if needed. I want them to realize that I love and miss them so much and how much they both have contributed to my life, Thomas' and the boys, especially Ian. I am over the top thankful for Jesse and Tewlyn and so incredibly happy to count them as friends.
6 comments:
Ohhh! We love and miss you guys too! Tew and I wouldn't be the same without you both. We talk all the time about our days in AZ, and how we wish we could go back and be with you again. Distance cannot keep true friends apart - One day we'll be next door neighbors again (it might be in Florida at an old folks home, but nevertheless!!!!). We care so much for you, Tom, Ian, and Connor - you truly are family to us (so... WATCH OUT!) :-)
So nice to have such good friends. We had friends whose famiily adopted us when we lived in PA. We were there every holiday. Such a good feeling when you are away from home.
You are all so cute!!
I know you blogged about them as a couple, but my favorite picture is of you and Tew in the chairs by the pool just chatting after you hadn't seen her in awhile.
one of my most vivid memories of Jes & Tew were the first time they did game night with us, and how amazed they were when we were such a stickler on "duck-billed" platapus (and they though platapus was ok-amatuer game players!)
great to have couple friends- and they are truly 2 very nice people!
I'm gonna cry! Linda, that was the most amazing, sweetest and heartfelt words. I love you, Tom, Ian and Connor so much--you're definitely my second family! I've never felt as close to friends as I have y'all (do you like the new texas twang!?!). You've seen my best and my worst and you still love me! Thank you for all the good times and always being there for us. I think Jess summed it all up so nicely with "WATCH OUT!" Here are some other quotes to make you smile:
"So I'm in my map..."
"PIVOT!"
"Lift and sliiiiide!"
"This tastes like feet!"
"Hug and roll"
"the lotion and the powder have created a paste!"
"Custard? Good. Jam? Good. Meat? Gooood!""Can you believe it? She plays for BOTH teams!"
"Oooh! He's a transponster!"
"I call it the 'moist maker.'"
"7! 7! 7! 7!!"
and a personal one for good measure...
"Banana Republic--love it! GAP--love it! Calvin Klein--Love it! Pottery Barn--Love it!"
We do really miss you guys! It was a rare thing to have such good friendship from both of you. We talk about you guys all the time too. We were both honored that you asked us to be in your wedding.
Jesse, I had forgotten about "so... WATCH OUT!" I really laughed hard with that one.
Tewlyn, Linda and I laughed for two weeks after your "Love it" comment on the drive to LA... Here is what we said for the next two weeks... "Target-Love it! Taco Bell-Love it! Ikea-Love it! Home Depot-Love it!"
Post a Comment