
Today I took the boys to the kids care at the hospital nurse unit. Ian began to cry when we got there (even though he has been there before) and didn't want me to leave. As I completed the paperwork, the nurse checked the boys for temperature. Ian had brought both Froggy and Ted along for comfort. The nurse, so clever in approach, asked about Froggy and Ted and that she should also check their temperatures too. Ian agreed this was a very good idea and that he would hold them because they were scared. The boys got ID bracelets, as did Froggy and Ted. This made Ian feel comfortable. The nurse then took Connor's "Cars" movie and popped into the DVD player, so he was happy too.
Checking in at lunch, the nurses said that the boys were feeling okay and eating some. Froggy and Ted were also having a good day. Upon picking them up, the nurse talked to me about Connor's upper lip. On Tuesday night, he had smashed his Lightning McQueen car into his lip, which is very swollen. She said that he was refusing to eat because it hurt, so she was actually feeding him in the side of his mouth so that he could eat something. So, I have to get some medicine for it.

Ian was running a fever at pick up and Connor is still drippy and coughing. We canceled speech today and I think Tom is canceling music therapy for tomorrow morning.
Apparently several kids at daycare are home with similar respiratory ailments, so Jeni is right that they are definitely sharing. Not the kind we want, but maybe next week will be better so we can have a great Halloween!
7 comments:
It's so great that you have the kids care to leave them with. The nurse sounds as if she knows what she's doing, too.
That's awesome that the nurse put wristbands on Ted and Froggy.
I hope they're feeling better soon!
what a great story about the nurse- she is in the right calling for her! It is so nice to hear about thoughtful people, especially when things are tough.
hope everyone is better soon!
I haven't checked in for a few days. So sorry to hear that your boys are sick. I will send some reiki their way. Sounds like the nurse was one of those wonderful wise people. Reiki coming right this minute.
Oh, poor little guys! I hope they both improve soon and hope that Connor's lip gets better too!
Have a nice weekend! I hope it's not filled with caring for sick little ones.
Ok, that sounded bad. What I meant was, I hope they feel better so that you can all enjoy the weekend!
1 week til costume and trick or treat time!!
get better quick guys
Post a Comment