Thursday, June 19, 2008

Creative Photography

Creative Photography

In visiting my adopted friend, Dianne's blog-she has joined Creative Photography, a new blog contest calling all photo enthusiasts to post a creative photo with the carrot of an award. I bounced around the blog participants and there are some very fine photos to see and learn from- so I decided to give it a whirl.

I enjoy pictures of people much more than anything else, but I decided to honor my first entry with a photo that my sister-in-law actually matted and framed for me-so it must be pretty okay! On an evening visit to the pumpkin patch with my boys, I had a very tricky time getting decent photos in low light and trying not to use flash and blind the crap out of everyone. I found these backlit pumpkin and hay stalks and had some fun.



Be gentle in comment and I will be around to visit the participants with comments. Thanks to Roger for this excellent and fun idea. The link to Creative Photography if you would like to join is: Creative Photography.

Even if you don't participate, go and see the amazing photos people are posting. I was very inspired!

14 comments:

Raven said...

I see no need to be gentle. It's a WOW photo. Beautiful. Now I don't know who to root for, though. Can they have a tie for first place?

bobbie said...

this is a fun one! Love it.

Michelle Quinno said...

OOh, that is a gorgeous photo! I'm not a great photographer. I will check out the others though.

Dianne said...

actually my adopted friend our photos could be part of a series -

how to conquer bad light or -
what's that dancing

those haystacks look like they're dancing!! and the autumn color makes me long for cool breezes

well done!

Jesse said...

No joke, that is a bad-ass photo!

Ladynred said...

Gorgeous shot and very creative!
Re: You will get your canon Dslr soon! Keep dreaming..hehe
Scrapbooking and Photography

maryt/theteach said...

Snoopmurph, yes a WOW! photo. I like it very much! Excellent! :D

Patti said...

Beautiful photo. Well done!

Jeni said...

Really cool picture, Linda! You done good!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Cool one! I love the circle of lights and lines in this picture :)

Napaboaniya APAD

Kimmie said...

Hi snoopmurph!

Oh, this is my favorite so far! I love Pumpkins, Hay Stacks, and everything "All Hallow's Eve"! I wish I had this photo myself! Wonderful effects! This really one me over and there are amazing photo's out there.
Smiles,
Kimmie

P.S. Your baby is priceless! What a cutie pie. :-)

Unknown said...

Grrr8 entry, Snoopmurph :) Esp. like this foto when it's enlarged :)

Theresa said...

I like it :) but maybe that's why I had it framed for you.

RW said...

Very awesome entrie Linda!!