Monday, June 23, 2008

Happiness is a Warm Puppy (or two)

The Murphy household was abuzz with two dogs and four children (two ours and two best friends who came to visit us and gave their parents a well-deserved reprieve) keeping each other company. Julie's pups brought liveliness and companionship, especially for Annika, who was outnumbered by young boys.

Connor was excited about the dogs, except when they got too close to his dinner ("No, Puppy!")
Ian told me, "It's pretty much fun to have a dog in the house." He also told me about having a dog in the house is really cool all the time.

Connor hid behind the cushion while Lyra sat patiently, getting jostled about and "surprised" several times. (which was addressed with sloppy kisses on Connor's face)

The house seems much calmer and quieter now that it is back to the four of us, but we love having our favorite visitors anytime they wish. All four of them!

10 comments:

julie said...

Awwwwwww.
Great photos, Linda! I'm glad you guys all had fun :)

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Excellent pics! Ha ha!

Theresa said...

Yep I think all you guys are missing is a dog of your very own:), but until then it is nice that you can borrow some to play with- a good compromise for now:)

Cindy said...

Next time I bring the kids, I will bring my dogs too!!! No, I would never do that to you. We love being your guests and love having you be ours!

Raven said...

What beautiful photos. I'm so glad my niece has you for a friend and that my great niece and nephew have a second home where they are so loved. Beautiful shot of Ani and I love the dog half in shadow. And Connor is always cute.

Jeni said...

I do second what Theresa said about missing a lot by not having a dog however, with both you and Tom working, all the extra things going on in your life with Connor and Ian right now, adding a dog probably wouldn't be feasible cause THEY are a heck of a lot of work till you get them fully trained and they mature a tad too!
Loved the top photo especially though -with the little girl and the dog! Quality shot there, be great enlarged and framed I bet!

Minnesotablue said...

Great pictures Snoopmurph. Nice to have a dog to visit but I agree with Jeni, you have a full plate now.

Michelle Quinno said...

hehe, I don't blame Connor on the dinner! I don't like pets near my food either.

Akelamalu said...

Great photos, those dogs are beautiful

Dianne said...

you always post the best photos!!