I have an interview tomorrow evening for executive director position in a non-profit arts organization. I am going to be optimistic, but realistic too. As my brother-in-law says, I can always chalk it up to interview experience. Of course, I submitted my resume awhile back, so I had almost forgotten and figured I wasn't quite there yet, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The arts commission welcomed me to observe today and I got to sit in the staff meeting which was enlightening. My project is to help fine tune some of the grant guides and questions, which I spent the afternoon making notes and reading through several arts grants. It was a quiet environment and I could focus for several hours at a time! Imagine that! Of course, the rest of my work will be from home, so I enjoyed that time while it lasted.
I also formulated an idea in my head about a non-profit arts organization serving children with autism-working with artists and musicians, not necessarily music therapists and allowing them to experience the arts in different ways. It's rattling around in my head, but it's not coherent. From what I can tell, there isn't a particular arts organization serving this population here in Phoenix. I am not even certain what the main idea would be-something to flesh out.
I am off to watch some Arrested Development and maybe go to sleep before 12am. Maybe. That alarm clock named Connor sounds very early in the morning!
6 comments:
Good luck, Linda..I'm sure you'll do well.
Thank you for the comment on my "We Rock!" post. It wasn't long at all and definitely appreciated.
Look forward to hopefully meeting you and Terri in person soon. *HUGS & SMILES*
Wishing you lots and lots of good luck! Keep thinking on that and a solution -or idea -whichever, will come to you.
Well, I'll wish you luck even though I don't think you need it. If they have a lick of sense, they'll hire you on the spot and be lucky to have you. Hope it works out.
Your arts organization sounds like a great idea - especially since from what I have read hear and elsewhere, music and art are both things that resonate with autistic children. I hope at some point you'll be able to connect with my friend Saggio and his wife Barbara. Have I sent you stuff about them? I need to go to bed now, but I'll do that in the morning.... hopefully.
Meanwhile, GOOD LUCK... and congratulations on getting the job.
Good Luck! I know you will be great!
T
Best of luck, Linda! Knock 'em dead....well maybe not dead!!
Good Luck, but as I am writing this you probably already had the interview, I hope it went well.
I am glad you are getting into a field you are very passoiniate about.
Post a Comment