Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Feast One Hundred and Ninety Four

Appetizer

If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?

I would live in South America. I would love the opportunity to live closer to my extended family, work on my Spanish and travel around this beautiful place and visit other countries beside Ecuador.

Soup

Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?

I use Mozilla Firefox.

Salad

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?

I am not sure if my father-in-law will want to read this, but maybe a 5? My timeline for events is really not great, but once my memory is jogged, I have good recall!

Main Course

Finish this sentence: Love is…

Love is accepting another person completely-the beautiful, the ugly and all the in-between.

Dessert

Have you ever been in or near a tornado?

No, but I have been in a wind storm back in NY where the trees in our apartment complex fell and crushed my neighbor's car, Tom's car and missed mine because I had to park in a different spot that evening. It was the eeriest storm I've been in and only created damage in a particular area.

This is my little Prizm alongside a fallen tree. My car was completely missed.

Our upstairs neighbor's car, which was flattened. This guy calmly walked back to his apartment, grabbed a beer, came back down with all of us, drank his beer and left the bottle on his car that evening. He was pretty funny.
This tree also fell on my husband's car. In fact, his car was so covered by the leaves and branches that the workers didn't originally believe there was a car under it. We had to crawl in to show them where to find it.

Of course, this compares NOTHING to what damage and heartache actual tornadoes do to families and communities. I guess on some small scale, we learned a bit more compassion for them.

5 comments:

L said...

Hi!

Those pictures of that storm's damage are scary, it is amazing what mother nature can do. I am glad to see that you're car was missed. I really liked your response to Love is... wonderfully put. Have a great weekend!

Raven said...

Wow. Must have been one scary storm. Kind of makes my poor half a tree seem like child's play. So far two truckloads of tree have been taken away. Probably two more to go. I like your definition of love.

Nita said...

Wow, it might be very hard for you during those incidents. I grew up in the Philippines where storm or typhoon was famous...lol.

My feast is up as well. Hope to see you there. Have a great week!

Cheers,
Nita's Random Thoughts
Nita's Corner
Thomas Web Links
Thomas Travel Tales
Great Finds and Deals
Bohol Paradise

Unknown said...

It is amazing I am here in Arizona and so isolated from all of the weather you are reporting. After 6 months, we'll see if I stay here or not. I'm so glad that none of you were hurt, Linda!

Dianne said...

I love that neighbor's attitude.

and your definition of love is what makes you such a great parent :)