Thursday, June 12, 2008

Getting a Foot in the Door

I just had to share that I will start some observation and project work for Arizona Commission on the Arts beginning on Tuesday. Since I don't have a lot of hands on time this summer, I will be working on a project involving reviewing the guide to grants and making suggestions on ways to make the grant application process more accessible, pertinent and to encompass the needs of the various applicants.

In addition, I will get to sit down with several of the directors to ask questions and learn how their department works and their responsibilities, plus observe staff meetings.

They will also help me determine a path to follow into arts non-profit management, whether it is coursework suggestions or possible employment opportunities that come up.

One of the best things is that I spend the day on Tuesdays in Phoenix-the rest of the time, I can save gas money and work from home. I love it!

4 comments:

Dianne said...

this sounds perfect! congrats and good luck.

any group is lucky to have you :)

Raven said...

Wow! Congratulations. It sounds - as dianne said - perfect. And like she said - they are lucky to have you. I guess I could have just said "what dianne said" and saved some typing.

Michelle Quinno said...

Sounds like a great opportunity! Good luck with it!

Aunt Sooooz said...

This is great, great news! I agree with everything everyone else said - they are SO LUCKY to have you and I'm thrilled you've found something that you love to do. We definitely need you on our side to try to help continue with the arts. xoxoxo