Sunday, June 01, 2008

Strike A Pose

I added this first picture by accident and apparently it is way too important to delete! Ian actually looks much older to me here and suddenly I am seeing him becoming a young boy-he has shed his toddler appearance and moving full speed to preschooler.

We enrolled Ian in a summer preschool day camp for four weeks in the elementary school down the street. Tom got to take him for the first week as I had to finish my last week of school. So all the photography credits go to Tom with some special modifications by me (mostly cropping).

Ian has a new pose to go along with his quirky little camera face.

The only soundtrack that keeps running through my mind is Madonna's "Vogue". It's terrible.


A rousing game of Simon Says.

There is an accompanying video, which is very cute as they listen to a story. What makes me feel better are the two other children besides my son who are excavating their noses. Ian was probably "hungry." That is all on the video, which I have blessedly spared you. For now.

That first day of preschool is a tough one. Ian conked out on the beanbag and even went to bed reasonably well that evening. He is enjoying preschool and Tom said that he was just so happy on Thursday.
Later that evening, I took Ian to karate. Again, I should really see about getting one of my hands turned into a camera. I left my camera home. And come to discover it's stripe testing week. Ian had to perform three sets of uppercuts and two different kicks to earn a stripe on his white belt. Each student performs in front of the class. He was so adorably cute and I completely missed it. Sooo, note to self-bring camera everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Mr. Meza told him he has to earn three stripes on his white belt before he can get the next color belt, which is yellow. Ian told him, "I want all the colors!" and he is very proud of that stripe.

This week also begins swim lessons. Stay posted for more Ian activities, plus I will be posting about my new purchase in the coming days.

8 comments:

WH said...

There comes that day when the toddler disappears. It was hard for me when my son started to grow. He's almost 20, and it's still hard. But what a great pic!

Akelamalu said...

They grow up so quickly. Our eldest grandson is 9 this year - where did that time go? :0

Dianne said...

The time does fly!

What great photos (as always!)

I love the tussle over the backpack on wheels. Their expressions said it all LOL

Raven said...

What a wonderful set of photographs. They are such adorable boys. That first photo is wonderful. Glad you didn't remove it. It's fascinating how there are shifts in life that are subtle and dramatic at the same time. One day your kid's a toddler and the next a boy then one day "all of a sudden" he's a teen. At the far end of things, one day my parents went from being regular people to being old. They seemed to age in little spurts. With myself, probably because I don't look in the mirror any more often than I have to - I'm really aware of my hands turning into "old lady hands." They don't look like mine. But I ramble. Beautiful photos and wonderful life adventures for Ian.

Theresa said...

Now if I would of made the no longer toddler comment, there would of been tears!! Glad to hear Ian likes school :)

Michelle Quinno said...

I thought the same thing before I read your comments! He looks much older and boyish!

Too funny about the nose excavating. LOL

Someone needs to invent a camera like a blue tooth, just connected to the ear so you won't forget!! There will be many stripes and I'm sure you'll get those.

Thomas said...

I tried five times to get a regular picture of Ian on the way to his first day of preschool camp. Every single time I raised the camera he would make some silly pose just as I took the picture!

When I picked Ian up that first day, I asked him what they did... He replied "We played duck duck goose. And I got to be the GOOSE!".

Unknown said...

Too precious, Linda! lol for sharing!