Monday, June 09, 2008

Yogalates, Biking and Me (really!)

I have made a concerted effort to be active this summer. A bike has been purchased and I have been riding it each morning for a half hour after dropping Ian at preschool camp. In addition, I also took part in a yogalates class at Mesa Arts Center tonight, which was enjoyable, especially the meditation at the end. Love that.

My husband will probably be a lot happier to bike with me once we get the second part for the kids bike trailer so it will actually attach to my bike. He gets to haul the boys around since the trailer is on his bike for now. We did go for about a 4 mile bike ride on Sunday morning, but the boys are about 60 extra pounds on the bike. Whew!

Soon it will be deathly hot, so I am hoping we keep our spirits up and continue to be healthy this summer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda: (smiling) I can see you guys doing this early mornings on weekends. There are so many Harley's and Vespa motor scooters over at my side of town! Happy bicycling!

Dianne said...

I saw a biker this morning wearing a cooling thing around his neck and he also had a little fan/misting thing on his handlebars. He laughed and waved as I called out to him - "wow techie biking"

It's 100 here and the air is so heavy I'm thinking of canning it for use during the winter.

Aunt Sooooz said...

Good for you! I'm working on my fitness routine now too. Better to preserve what you have and stay fit and flexible now. If you need a cheerleader, I volunteer. GO LINDER!!!

Michelle Quinno said...

I really enjoyed my yogalates. I wish I was still going each week. I thought I'd do it on my own but I haven't done a thing.