He is Himselffor Connor
As with any child
There is glory in small things
He's not a label after all,
Not an "ism"
He is himself
Unique, special
Looking for love
Just like the rest of us
Autism is a part of him
But it isn't who he is
Who is he, then?
He is his mother's son
His father's boy
His brother's friend
He is his own glorious and beautiful self
And what more could we ask?
-Katherine E. Rabenau
Raven: Thank you for this gorgeous poem and allowing me to share it.
4 comments:
The photos just melts my heart.
I read Raven's poem on her site several times and now again and each time it gives me goosebumps and makes me teary.
So many special people all intertwined - Linda and Thomas and Ian and Connor - and Raven. Too lovely for any more words.
What a beautiful photo. I feel deeply honored to have my poem shared in such a lovely way. Thank you.
came to admire myself again (so cool to have someone else put one of my poems up) - and noticed that you spelled my last name wrong. It's RABENAU :-)
ooops, I'll fix it now! Sorry! You know, I questioned it for a sec and then didn't actually double check it.
Post a Comment