Sunday, April 06, 2008

Autism Awareness Day 6




Unfortunately, I am not feeling too well today and so I am a bit late on today's post. I will invite you to visit several friends who are blogging for autism this month and a few who are lending supporting hands, which are welcomed at any time.

Jeni
: Her two cutie grandchildren both have autism and she writes about their lives, always keeping up with their antics and sharing fun stories reminding us that these two are definitely kids first. She is also walking for autism as well and does a lot to uplift other bloggers (myself included) whose families are affected by autism.

Laura: Another great friend whose son has autism. She has helped me with sign language questions and self-injurious behavior. In addition, she has some great stories about her adorable Pekingese pups who are very near and dear to her heart. She is also blogging for autism and I hope you will stop by and make a new friend in her.

Dianne: She is my newly adopted family member and she has a terrific blog. She has written some amazing entries and I always look forward to stopping by and seeing what she is up to, plus she is just so supportive of the autism community and her blogger pals.

Raven: Raven is just a great writer, period. Her poems are gorgeous and she always keeps us challenged with the Wordzzles. She is a terrific friend and she has shared some wonderful entries, supporting the autism bloggers while also connecting all of us in the grand scheme of life.

Casdok: I adore her blog and have only discovered her this month through other blogger friends. She writes so beautifully about her life with her son. I encourage you to stop by.

Mary
: Mary is another blogger who is a new acquaintance and her grandson has Asperger's. He is one handsome kid and she has blogging with some terrific insights into this part of the autism spectrum. I am learning a lot from her entries.

momlogue
: A great place to find more bloggers writing about autism.

Michelle: Another fantastic writer who writes about her family with such love and honesty. It's a great blog.

While I haven't written much today, remembering that we are together in life-not just in autism-and having some friends who have walked in similar shoes (every shoe is different!) can make a huge difference in feeling healthy, inspired and ready to work on today.

Meanwhile, I am going to get some rest.....my post tomorrow will be epic-my son is turning 2! Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Casdok said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you for the kind words and links to check out!

Raven said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR!

I will visit some of the people on this list who are new to me.

Hope you feel better...

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, Linda.

Thank you for the kind mention..I hope I can give your readers, and mine, something worthy to read and learn from.

And a big "Happy birthday" to your half-ling (yes, I still talk in Lord of the Rings mode from time to time)! *HUGS & SMILES*

Jeni said...

A birthday in your family too now? What date is Connor's birthday? Kurtis will be two this coming Sunday on the 13th. Then, on the 14th, we have to take him to Children's HOspital down in Pittsburgh for a doctor who is apparently a specialist in immune deficiencies to examine him. Our family doctor is concerned that this may be an issue with Kurtis, along with the autism and who knows what else, ya know. Now, get some rest and get better fast!

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh yuck! I hope you feel much better! And HB to Connor!

Dianne said...

turning 2 is epic! I'm looking forward to news and photos of the big event.

feel better, try to rest a bit.

thank you for confirming that I've been adopted. it's so good that I thought I dreamed it.

Mi and Si send hugs - Si even had his claws in ;)